As with many awards this one has a few “rules”. As a rule, I dislike rules and try to break them wherever possible. However, I also believe you shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth (whatever that means!). So, here goes…
First, the rules:
- Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs you enjoy, then comment on their posts to let them know that you have nominated them.
Let me begin by thanking David, who keeps us all in merriment on Sunday mornings with his weekly epistles of daily life on The Barsetshire Diaries, along with those of a rather fishy cast of characters including his pal, Mike, and Big Al, the leader of the tank. (Apologies to Mike, I couldn’t resist!)
Now, 7 fascinating facts about moi:
1) Although I live in France, I hate to travel and never bothered to learn any foreign languages before meeting my husband. Who, you guessed it, is French!
2) I eat breakfast in bed. Every. Single. Day. (Except when we’re traveling, which is probably why I hate it!)
3) We have two grown children, who shall remain nameless on this blog, and two substitute children: our Frenchies, Higgins and Humphrey. Oh, and two vile lodgers who think they own the joint: the cats, Bianca and Leo.
4) I am a professional writer. Shh! Don’t tell my clients, they pay me to do what I do for free here.
5) In another life, I used to sing.
6) Unrelated fact: I am deaf in one ear.
7) I curse like a sailor and spit like a man. In two languages!
So, now to the real business. Here are 15 blogs that I follow with pleasure and can recommend you do the same.
A Crooked Mile: Another blogger who shares sometimes mixed feelings about France.
Au Pair Gal: I am very much enjoying this new blog chronicling life as an Au Pair.
As Told by Dana: Great stories from the trenches of life in France.
A Year in Perigord: A Francophile with a very British sense of humor.
Food, Photography and France: A food photographer who can make anything look magical.
Multifarious Meanderings: A funny take on just about anything.
Osyth: A funny and inspired writer who lives in the remote region of Cantal
Suzanne and Pierre in Paris: A bilingual photo blog documenting this couple’s travels (unfortunately ending soon!)
Forty c’est Fantastique: Souvenirs of past and future trips to France.
Long View Hill: One woman’s challenges in living a balanced life.
Big Body Beautiful: An inspirational blog about finding beauty in all body sizes.
Cogito Ergo Mom: Thoughts on parenting, emphasis on the thoughts.
Colin Bissett: Travel, architecture and more from an adopted Aussie.
The Cheergerm and the Silly Yak: I enjoy reading this blog almost as much as drooling over the gluten-free recipes!
Wandering Cows: Bits and bobs from the travels of wandering Aussies.
Happy reading and bonne semaine!